YUCCA VALLEY FAMILY HOMELESS AFTER KITCHEN FIRE

YUCCA VALLEY FAMILY HOMELESS AFTER KITCHEN FIRE

A Yucca Valley family is homeless after a kitchen fire Thursday afternoon. According to Fire Captain Wayne Thompson, a resident of a home in the 56000 block of Navajo Trail had something cooking on the stove, and stepped out of the room for a few minutes. The resident came back into the kitchen about 4 p.m. to find the kitchen cabinets on fire. By the time fire fighters from Yucca Valley, Yucca Mesa, and Joshua Tree arrived, the fire was well involved, with flames and smoke pouring out the home’s front door, and Capt. Thompson said the front windows blew out as they approached the house. Thompson said while the home is still standing, it’s most likely a total loss. There were no injuries. The Red Cross is assisting the residents with their needs.

Leave a Reply

dialog-information.png
Z107.7 News and kcdzfm.com requests that you respect this comment section and others by keeping your comments civil and on-topic. We reserve the right to reject or remove any comments with purposely incorrect facts, threatening, abusive, obscene, or defamatory language or innuendos. We will not accept anonymous posting.
 

  

  

  

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>