NEW RENTERS HOMELESS AFTER JOSHUA TREE FIRE

NEW RENTERS HOMELESS AFTER JOSHUA TREE FIRE

Renters who had just moved into a home in Joshua Tree two days ago are looking for a new home after a fire destroyed their house last night. About 6:10 Wednesday evening, Joshua Tree fire fighters were called to the 6200 block of Sun Mesa to find smoke and fire coming from the back left corner of the house. County Fire Captain Jon Garber said the fire started in a laundry room shed near the back of the house, and the blaze spread to a bedroom in the back, before moving into another bedroom and up into the attic. According to Garber, fire fighters were hampered in getting in to the attic due to the fact the ceiling was made of three layers: sheet rock, ceiling tiles, and plywood. The tenants had three dogs inside the house, but Garber said fire fighters were able to rescue only two. Fire fighters were at the scene until about 10 p.m. last night.


Share this:
facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

1 comment to NEW RENTERS HOMELESS AFTER JOSHUA TREE FIRE

Leave a Reply