The third Monday of the month is the day for most of the monthly distributions of surplus federal food in the Morongo Basin. Reporter Dan Stork has the times and places…
The Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino will distribute surplus food to low-income residents of the Morongo Basin Monday, October 21. The locations and times are:
• The Church of the Lighted Cross, at 11518 Elbow Lane in Morongo Valley, from 8 to 10;
• Belfield Hall, on Reche Road in Landers, 8:30 to 10:30;
• The Community Center in Yucca Valley, 8:30 to 10:30;
• Copper Mountain Mesa Foundation, 65336 Winter Road in the Copper Mountain area, 9 to 11;
• Joshua Tree Community Center on Sunburst Road, 9 to 11;
• The fire station in Wonder Valley, 10:30 to 11:30; and
• Little Church of the Desert at 6079 Adobe Road in Twentynine Palms, from 10 to noon.
There is also a distribution on Friday, October 25, at The Way Station in Joshua Tree, 61722 Commercial Way, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Recipients are requested to bring their own paper or plastic bags.
The Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino is a private, non-profit organization that seeks to serve the low-income families, elderly, disadvantaged and homeless of the county. For more information, call 909-723-1580.