Twentynine Palms fire fighters were called to a house fire about 12:30 this morning. According to Fire Chief Jim Thompson, the sole occupant of the home in the 4300 block of Mesquite Springs Road was awakened by a smoke detector, smelled smoke and called 911. Fire fighters, aided by the Combat Center Fire Department, found smoke in the attic and traced it to a fire smoldering in a wall and roof trusses, where they extinguished it. The cause is believed to be electrical. Thompson estimated the damage at $10,000.